is a long history that continues to enchant.
The Castle’s History
The first mention of Mornico dates back to 1164 when Emperor Frederick granted it to the city of Pavia.
The Castle is located south of Pavia, on the hill of an ancient village that divides the valley of the Verzate stream and the Val Sorda. Its dominating position over the Po Valley was strategic for sighting threats and having a defense against attacks.
Mornico was part of the fief of Montalto and appears in a notarial deed of 1350 in an agreement between the Belcredi about the properties of the noble family. The renovation from a fortified house to a manor was carried out by the descendants of the same family and takes place at the beginning of 1700.